Tuesday, March 2, 2010

My favourite mall here is the Curve.

1. I've been at the Curve before it was a mall. Hah... beat that!
2. The Curve was also my client when I was with Acorn which means that once a week I gotta go there and have a meeting with the A&P people. *The best part was scheduling meetings at 4.00pm so that you can just have dinner there when the meeting is over or just hang.
3. Beef noodles: My favourite food. The usual clear soupy noodles dish that I love and they have a Pho Hoa outlet there that makes my kinda beef noodles.
4. Borders. Need I say more?

I can spend up to 2 hours or more in a great book store and I love, love, love Borders. The selection of books is amazing. Well not as amazing to be called amazeballz but well, you get the idea. Borders is just awesome.

I usually start with the 'What's New' selection right at their entrance then move on to the fiction area. After browsing that department, I head on to the other side (no, not the dark side); the sociology side where you can find books on religion, the Middle East, politics and so fourth. I usually get stuck there for a while because those kinda books are expensive and being the la-la blooded woman that I am, I'd rather read it for free than pay for it.

The last part that I usually browse is the magazine section. I don't really know but I always end-up 'catching' myself picking up a bridal magazine and find a nice quiet corner, sit on the floor and flip through and looking at all the pretty lovely wedding things. I say 'catch' myself because after a while I'll be like wtf am I doing with this magazine? Why do I want to look at happy people getting hitched and I'm here in my shorts, with my hair going in every direction, blemished facial skin. They have on their best smiles, best hair, the most gorgeous dresses and everything looks fine and dandy.

Well of course the bride looks happy. Look at the male model she's posing with. *Hello Mr Hot Model*. She has on US20,000 or more Vera Wang wedding dress. Ken Paves probably did her hair and somehow or rather her make-up just look perfect.

So why the hell am I flicking through the pages of Style Brides? Do I really like to make myself depressed? C'mon lets face it, I don't think I'll ever have that perfect wedding that most girls (including me of course) dream of? You know, the white dress that goes swish-swoosh when you walk by but makes you look elegant, the fantastic decorations that looks simple and elegant instead of gaudy, the nice music (I want a string quartet complete with a harp+harpist for my do... if I ever get a chance for a wedding), the glorious food, the friends and family that matters the most...

Haih... I'm psycho! Chasing something...something that I don't even know what... it is. Sorry for the psycho/emo entry guys. I hate doing it and I hate having you people read it but I need to let off some steam. If not, it's just gonna keep on rotting inside of me.

I want it. I want the dream wedding. There I said it! I want the white dress, preferably a strapless one, or the one Uma Thurman wore in the Accidental Husband. God knows I can fit into whatever dress that I want now (on the account of not being fat anymore). I want the elaborate cake, the kind Just Heavenly makes (check it out, they all like fabulously yummy, sometimes too pretty to cut up and eat), of course the string quartet playing Pachelbel's Canon in D and flowers. Loads of fresh flowers. I once had tulips air-flown from Holland. But that didn't work out not did it? *Sorry for another psycho moment; just bear with me alright.

Here's some of the songs to be played.

1. Jem - Maybe I'm Amazed. Beautiful song fit for a wedding (first dance perhaps?)
2. Nat King Cole - L.O.V.E. No Ashlee Simpsons didn't do a cover of that song.

Haiyoo.... I can't think right now on the account of being psycho yet again.

I just don't know why I do it to myself over and over again. Why do I keep flipping through those magazines? Is it subconsciously embedded in me somehow like "Thou shall always want to browse through a bridal magazine". If yes, then WHY? Why would I want to see dozens of smiling faces when I feel miserable. Am I sadistic to myself that way?

Anyway's enjoy Pachelbel's Canon in D and imagine being at my wedding and having this play when dinner starts.

No comments:

Post a Comment