Monday, March 8, 2010

Mizz Keys..

I have a sudden urge to analyze things. I guess because we discussed the term 'discourse' in yesterday's lecture and here I am this morning checking out some of Alicia Keys' videos. I then had the sudden urge to analyze two videos of my favourite songs from her - Girlfriend and Try Sleeping with a Broken Heart.

Here are the videos:



I heard Girlfriend (GF) for the first time and I was in college. Funnily enough, the guy I was with back then didn't have the kind of girlfriend that Ms Keys is singing about but I found the song as being one of the RnB songs you hear when you just wanna chill.

I know that I always put men in a bad light in my blog when it comes to relationships and how they always fail when dealing with their women but this time around, I need to have a sit down with them girlfriends.

In a whole bunch of cases, you get a guy and a girl involved in a purely friendly platonic relationship. Meaning = They're just friends. Then another girl steps in and the guy and the girl starts dating. Leaving the poor female best friend all alone. Boo-hoo.

You might feel like your best friend doesn't have the time for you anymore... well in some cases there are those who just disappears out of the radar when they meet someone then they start bleeping on the screen again once they're single. I have loads of friends like this but oh, well... janji kau bahagia (as long as you're happy).

So anyways, I just want to say... if you're the 'just purely friends' girlfriend don't fret. It's not that they guy hates you or anything but you gotta understand yourself, us females tend to be a little bit over the jealousy scale when compared to men. I mean, how do you like it if your boyfriend is consistently on the phone or meeting-up with his girl best friend? You'd get jealous too right? Well, if you're not; make sure you check too see if you've got a dick instead of a vagina.

It's not like you guys aren't supposed to interact but be more sensitive please. If you used to hang on the phone almost every night, I don't think that would be something much appreciated by the real girlfriend here. In most cases, you end-up being suspicious. I mean, there are things that we girls don't understand either but since we have a more active imagination, we might think or exaggerate the situation.

And guys if you have a girlfriend (an exclusive/special one) pun pandai-pandai la jaga hati. Remember that things aren't going to be like the days when you're single where you can just 'scoot' off anytime. How'd you like it if your significant other do it to you?

And be straight with each other. If you are going to go out to see your guy or girl best friend (this works both ways people!!) there isn't any reason that you should not tell your other half. Problems usually arise when you hide things and suddenly the other one connects the dots (or whatever) and finds out the truth, it'll make things even worse than it is already is (from the fact that one of you guys are lying and that's a big no-no in a relationship to having your girlfriend/boyfriend/significant other thinking there's more going on between the two of you).

Okay back to Alicia Keys. In GF she was fresh, the song was on her first album and make sure you take a good look at her nose! Plus, they/she(/her management?) didn't really show her thighs/legs. I mean there are scenes when you can see when she put's on those red leather pants but you don't really notice her thighs didn't you?

Well, in Try Sleeping with a Broken Heart, does her nose seems smaller? I see more nostrils in GF compared to this video. I guess she must have had a little nose job done and I'm glad that it's such a good job that A) It made her look better obviously and B) The change was so subtle, I didn't see it.

I love her biker chick action on the BMW. I'd love to have a boxer engine between my legs that way... And girl, the helmet rocks! The only thing that makes it obvious that it's a music video is when she takes the helmet off and her hair is perfect. C'mon... where's the helmet hair/head? I know you won't get that sleek straight her when you take a helmet off. It's either your hair is all tangled up from the wind or you tucked it in the helmet itself to prevent the prior and have your hair squashed. There's no way, nah-ahh girlfriend that you are going to have that perfect behaving head of hair on your noggin'.

And what's with the purple trail of light coming from the back of the bike? Did BMW come-up with a very nicely coloured environmental emission coming from their exhaust pipes?

Ohh... don't forget her thighs. I know I shouldn't be highlighting this since I, myself is the owner to tree trunks which starts from my thighs straight to my calves but I just gotta point it out. At the beginning of her career, she didn't show much of her thunder thighs. It was only when the Karma video came out I first saw it while she was wearing that hideous turquoise cat suit. I guess sister realized that it's alright to have them thighs coz most of us have it. Glad that you're showing off what you got!!



1 comment:

  1. Hahaha, is that why you cancelled on me then?

    The so called tree trunks? Tipu lar weh. :p

    -iSk-

    ReplyDelete